Course duration: 1 day
Price: £195 per delegate
Maximum group size: 8 delegates
Who should attend: Experienced traffic management professionals with experience of working on high speed motorways and dual carriageways, or managing/planning the same, that are, or will be, required to carry out the roll of a TSCO.
To provide candidates with the necessary knowledge to become a Traffic Safety & Control Officer.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- assess whether the contractors have the necessary resources to complete the task in the allotted time period to the required standard
- assess whether the traffic management has been installed correctly to the drawings and the contract requirements
- assess whether the traffic management will be sufficient to enable the construction work to be carried out safely within it and maintain safety zones
- Understand the role of a TSCO, and its limitations
- organise an emergency lane closure within the works area
- complete a roadspace application for a basic closure.
Candidates will each receive a certificate of attendance upon completion.
Successful learners shall be awarded a LANTRA Awards ‘Black’ TSCO Card upon completion of the end of course written test providing they can produce evidence of the following additional training being complete and valid.
12A Foreman Course
3 day First Aid at Work
1 day Health & Safety training course (IOSH or equivalent) or higher H&S qualification.
You can download a .pdf document containing all details about the course by clicking on the link below;