Course duration: 1 day
Price: £165 per delegate
Maximum group size: 12 delegates
Who should attend: This training is aimed at event organisers or individuals that have responsibility for Traffic Management of organised events working in conjunction with local Highway Authority, the Police and other authorities and persons as appropriate. The course would also benefit Highway Authority staff involved in the organisation or approval of community events.
This course is intended for Event Stewards, whose duties may include, guiding vehicles, maintaining emergency routes, erecting signs and notices, dealing with pedestrian control etc.
The course sessions cover
- Introduction and Objectives
- Introductions and Documentation
- Application & Costing
- Traffic Management Plan
- Risk Assessment
- Assessment 1 – traffic management plan
- Traffic Management requirements
- Assessment 2 – writing a risk assessment
This is a classroom based course with a test under exam conditions. The pass rate for the test is 70%.
At the end of the course learners will:
• Be aware of current legislation and its requirements
• Understand the application process and costs involved
• Be able to devise a Traffic Management Plan
• Be able to identify typical hazards and appropriate control measures related to the activity
• Have an understanding of basic traffic management requirements affecting highway users and event staff
• Demonstrate by examination sufficient knowledge to be accredited as a steward for this activity.
Certification is provided to successful candidates by Lantra Awards
NOTE: This is not a NHSS accredited award