Course duration: 1 day
Price: £150 per delegate
Maximum group size: 4 delegates
Who should attend: All persons who will be required by their employer to work on high speed roads, running mobile hard shoulder (or non-live lane) operations using an IPV and for protecting and installing static temporary traffic management.
To provide delegates with the necessary knowledge to allow them to undertake the requirements of 12A/B IPV specification. Course delegates must hold the appropriate HGV category on their driving licence. To drive on live lanes the candidate must hold a valid 12A/B or 12 C operative card as a minimum otherwise they are restricted to mobile hard shoulder operations.
On completion of the session delegates will be able to:-
- be aware of the sector scheme documents
- be aware of the general health and safety requirements at work as well as those, which are specific to the traffic management industry
- understand the importance of risk assessments and method statements for traffic management activities
- be aware of the reference documentation used for traffic management
- know the requirements for an impact protection vehicle as described in the relevant reference documents
- be able to conduct pre-work checks on an impact protection vehicle
- understand the procedures used for protecting the installation of a static temporary traffic management taper
- understand the procedures used for protecting mobile hard shoulder operations
- understand the extent of their duties after achieving this card
- understand the different types of work that are beyond the scope of this training and require full mobile lane closure techniques to be implemented
- demonstrate they have sufficient underpinning knowledge required to be an IPV driver
- prepare an IPV ready for working on the hard shoulder
- arrive on site and set up the operation correctly
- operate to safe working procedures including hazard and junction negotiation
- remove the operation correctly
Successful learners are awarded a Lantra Awards Skills Card upon completion of the end of course multiple choice exam, and their non-live lane assessment.
You can download a .pdf document containing all details about the course by clicking on the link below;