Course duration: 3 days
Price: £150 per delegate
Maximum group size: 12 delegates
Who should attend: The course is designed for any persons 18 years and older who want to be an accredited First Aider or appointed person. If your risk assessment has shown that you need a qualified First aider then this course will be suitable for those who wish to gain knowledge of first aid procedures and gain a HSE approved qualification in First Aid
To provide First Aiders with the knowledge and skills to summon help and give safe, prompt and effective first aid to a casualty in the workplace following an injury or illness.
By the end of this course, the delegates will be able to:-
- Understand the role of a First Aider
- Undertake a primary survey of a casualty
- Communicate effectively with the casualty
- Identify and administer the appropriate treatment for a casualty who;
- requires cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- is unconscious;
- is bleeding or wounded
- is suffering from shock
- is suffering from an injury to bones, muscles or joints
- has been burned or scalded;
- has an eye injury;
- has been overcome by gas or fumes; or may have been poisoned or exposed to a harmful substance;
- Carry out effective CPR
- Complete records for incidents and accidents
- Maintain the contents of first aid kits
Delegates must attend all sessions and pass the assessment. Successful delegates will then be awarded an First Aid at Work certificate from QUALSAFE which is valid for 3 years.
We recommend refreshing your skills every 12 months.