This is a rare opportunity to join a fast growing industry that has been guaranteed an additional £15 billion investment over the next 5 years! Our work placement provider wishes to invest in highly motivated individuals to undertake the role of Traffic Management Operatives at their depots in the South of England.
Committed to an extensive training program and the monitored development of competent Traffic Management Operatives, we, mentors at one of the industry’s leading training providers, will share our knowledge and combined industry experience of over 75 years with the successful applicants throughout the term of the apprenticeship.
Each successful applicant shall be guided through an extensive training package of 9 nationally recognised & certified vocational qualifications, worth in excess of £3,000, as detailed below.
The short 6 month training program is designed to provide you with a range of qualifications and 6 months on the job experience with a well established and renown local traffic management service provider. Hopefully leading to full time employment with the same service provider for the right candidates at the end of the program.
In addition to the recognised training package successful applicants shall also receive on the job training from our experienced qualified assessors during the 6 month term.
Job Title: Trainee Traffic Management Operative
Rate of Pay 18-21yrs: £6.00 p/hr
Rate of Pay over 21yrs: £7.05 p/hr
Rate of Pay over 25yrs: £7.50 p/hr
Hours of Work: 40hrs p/wk minimum with flexible start/finish times + overtime
Job Type: Permanent 6 month fixed term contract
Locations: Somerset – Plymouth – Fareham
Positions available: Somerset – 5 vacancies
Fareham – 5 vacancies
Plymouth – 2 vacancies
Duties will include attending scheduled training courses and controlled assessments throughout a 6 month fixed term contract. Site work shall include installing, maintaining and removing Temporary Traffic Management equipment on urban and rural roads whilst ensuring compliance with company policies and the National Highways Sector Scheme.
During the 6 month fixed term contract, the successful applicants will have achieved the following qualifications:
- Temporary Traffic Management Basic Course
- Lantra accredited 12D T1/T2
- Lantra accredited 12D M1
- Lantra accredited 12D M2 full card
- Lantra accredited 12D T5
- Lantra accredited 12D M5 full card
- Emergency 1st Aid
- CSCS Card
- Manual Handling
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Successful candidates will hold a full UK drivers licence.
- GSCE English and Maths or functional skills is preferred
- Good communicator and team worker
- Highly motivated
- Good housekeeping within the depot and on site
- Compliant with policies and procedures
- Able to work days, nights, weekends, and overtime as required
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Pass a stringent Drug & Alcohol test
- x 9 nationally recognised vocational qualifications free of charge (upon completion of 6 months)
- 6 month fixed term full time contract
- Strong possibility of a permanent contract offer upon completion of the fixed term contract, subject to satisfactory performance and attendance
- No obligation to accept any offer made
- Work experience at an established renown Temporary Traffic Management provider
- Great career prospects
- Supported, mentored career development
- Regular extensive overtime opportunities
- 10 days paid annual leave + all bank holidays (6 month term)
- All PPE (work clothing) provided
If you are interested in being part of the UK’s only Traffic Management Apprenticeship Scheme then please register your interest via email to:
OR via post to:
Mr Steven Archer
The Adjuvo Group
Old Arden Brickworks
Please enclose a copy of your CV along with any references you have.
Application deadline: Friday 24th November 2017 – 4pm